Private Company Limited by Guarantee
Pennybridge Lane Flixton, Manchester
TFC SUPPORTERS CLUB
21 Questions With... Jack Dorney
Jack Dorney, aged 28, is a midfielder/winger. Now in his second spell at Trafford -
himself a popular and important player amongst the squad and fans. Previous clubs include Bury, Leigh Genesis, Chorley, FC Halifax Town, Stockport Sports and AFC Fylde. Jack made his club debut against Brighouse Town at Shawe View on 15th August 2015 and has made nearly 90 appearances for Trafford, scoring 18 times; non better than the supporters' goal of the season for 2017/18.
1. You've been out injured for most of pre-
Frustrating isn't the word! Its difficult because I downed all tools over the summer and didn't do much at all. Looking forward to coming back getting fit and competing for a shirt but its been very stop start and I'm not where I'd like to be at this stage and not had nearly enough minutes in the bank.
2. This is your 3rd or 4th season with Trafford, compared to previous years, how optimistic are you (and the lads) going into this campaign?
I'm always the optimist but this time I'm/we're expectant, we've got all the ingredients to do well this year. We've kept a really good core, unfortunately lost Shents but that happens! Gaffer and DC look to have recruited really well. The lads are looking good on the pitch and adding bits in the dressing room which is key to being successful.
3. You won Trafford FCSC's goal of the season last season. Not only was it a great goal but it was also a very important one. What are your memories of it?
I remember looking up and it clipping the bar on the way in. Running to the crowd, Palmer thinking I'm on a booking so trying to keep my shirt on but that was coming off, I didn't know what else to do! People falling over the hill, somebody's pint in my eyes it was everything we come to football for.
4. Its been well acknowledged that support of the club has really improved under Tom, what is it like for a player to hear your name sung by the fans?
Its cliché I know but it really does add fuel to your game. Bad times or good times it lifts your
performance and gives you a bit extra. I Cannot thank the fans enough for the support they show us all. I know I speak for the whole dressing room when I say that. Keep it coming!!
5. And, what is the best game you've been involved in with Trafford where our support has stood out for you?
There was a few occasions last year but Colwyn Bay sticks out. The fact it was our 3rd game in 5 days and the fans travelled there and made a lot of noise on a Thursday night was huge and helped us pick up a big point.
6. You have played out in Australia and seem to have assisted others in playing over there. How did that ever come about?
I got offered a chance to play out there and the package was too good to turn down. I keep in touch with some coaches over there who ask me if any players are looking to go. I got ripped off when I went there and let down so I try to help lads going over don't get the same treatment.
7. I see the gaffer scraped into the recent Evo Stik best 100; have you ever come up against him or played along side him and how good was he (if so)?
To answer honestly, Gaffers ranking doesn't do him justice. Played with him briefly but against him a few times and he is easily one of the best in non-
8. Best ground you've ever played at?
Saint Marys -
9. Toughest opponent?
1 v 1 toughest opponent was Liam Brownhill back in the day. Great defender, could go forward and both footed.
10. Best player you've played with?
A tough question! In non-
11. Favourite football team?
12. Sporting hero?
It has always been Beckham -
and desire and of course plenty of quality.
13. Funniest player at the club (now Linny has left)?
Kiel O'Brien -
14. Best trainer?
15. Which new players are you looking forward to playing along side?
Anthony Brown -
16. How conscious are the squad about having a good start?
Footballs ifs and buts though I think our start last year possibly cost us automatic promotion. We will be driving it home and working hard because we know its vital we get some good points on the board early on.
17. If there's one thing you could change for the better at the club, what would it be?
A bigger club house! Wouldn't get rid of the lads then.
18. There's seems to be a real buzz about the place -
There is and its great to be a part of! Its down to lads enjoying the work and the management team assembling a good set of lads. We've got some top top lads with loads of experience and we're excited for the tests that come our way over the next few months.
19. Which player would be your phone a friend on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? (Who's the cleverest basically)?
20. And who would get all the questions wrong?
Keil O'Brien (sorry mate) but I think Crothers might be there with him over time.
21. Who is your nomination to take part in '21 questions with...'?